These children have the following characteristics:
- They’ve lived on the street
- Have presented signs of mild substance abuse or addiction to psychoactive substances
- They have had toxic and harmful figures of authority
- They are victims of physical, social and psychological abuse.
- Their families are disintegrated and dysfunctional.
- They are victims of a lack of affective and loving behaviors from their parents
- They are victims of child labor at a young age.
- They have low schooling levels and learning deficiencies.